What is a POSTNET Barcode Generator?
A POSTNET barcode generator is a tool that helps businesses create barcodes for their products or services. POSTNET stands for Postal Numeric Encoding Technique. The tool allows businesses to select the barcode they need, enter the necessary information, and then generate the barcode. The generated barcode can then track products or services through the USPS system.
Why Use a POSTNET Barcode Generator?
There are many reasons why businesses should use a POSTNET Barcode Generator. POSTNET barcodes are used by the United States Postal Service (USPS) to sort and route mail automatically. Using a POSTNET Barcode Generator, businesses can save time and money by ensuring that their mail is sorted correctly and routed. In addition, POSTNET barcodes can be used to track mail pieces as they move through the USPS system. This information can improve customer service and make sure that mail pieces are delivered on time.
Another reason to use a POSTNET Barcode Generator is that POSTNET barcodes can be used to qualify for postage discounts. The USPS offers discounts for businesses that use POSTNET barcodes on their mail pieces. These discounts can save businesses significant money on their postage costs.
Finally, POSTNET barcodes allow businesses to take advantage of the latest advances in postal technology. The USPS is constantly upgrading its sorting and delivery systems, and POSTNET barcodes are used to take advantage of these new capabilities. Using a POSTNET Barcode Generator, businesses can ensure that their mail is always sorted and delivered using the most efficient methods available.
When to Use POSTNET Barcodes
The following are reasons you should use POSTNET barcodes using a POSTNET barcode generator.
- Save Money on Postage: POSTNET barcodes can save you money on postage because they allow the USPS to sort your mail efficiently. This means that your mail will spend less time in the postal system, and you'll ultimately pay less for postage.
- Speed Up Mail Delivery: POSTNET barcodes can help speed up your mail delivery because they help the USPS process your mail more quickly. When your mail is sorted more efficiently, it can move through the postal system more quickly, meaning you'll receive your mail sooner.
- Track Mail: POSTNET barcodes can also help you track your mail. When you use a POSTNET barcode, the USPS will be able to track your mail as it moves through the postal system. This information can be valuable if you need to know where your mail is at any given time.
Ultimately, if you're looking to save money on postage, speed up your mail delivery, or track your mail, POSTNET barcodes may be a good option for you, and you can trust CDYNE’s POSTNET barcode generator API to do the job for your business.
POSTNET Barcodes are Perfect For
- First Class Mail
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
- Parcels and Packages
How Can I Use a POSTNET Barcode Generator?
To start generating data for POSTNET barcodes, sign up for a CASS™ Certified postal address verification service like CDYNE’s PAV API. Address verification services not only ensure that address data is correct and formatted properly before being used for barcode generation, but also provide additional POSTNET barcode data.
What Does Our Address API Do?
Postal Address Verification (PAV) standardizes, corrects, and verifies addresses for deliverability before mail and packages are sent out. In addition to this, our API automatically generates data for a POSTNET barcode for each address, including ZIP+4 codes, two-digit delivery point codes, and delivery point check digits.
Benefits of POSTNET Barcodes
Reach more customers and improve the results of your mailing campaigns.
Standardize, correct, and validate bulk addresses in a fraction of a second.
Using ZIP+4 and delivery point data, mail delivery is more efficient than ever.
Never worry about undeliverable or returned mail again with PAV API.
What are the components of a POSTNET Barcode Generator?
There are four main components to a POSTNET barcode generator: the address, the delivery point, the barcode, and the check digit.
- The address is the information that will be encoded in the barcode. This can include the recipient's name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code.
- The delivery point is the specific location where the mail will be delivered. This can be a post office box number, a street address, or a rural route number.
- The barcode is the actual POSTNET code that will be generated. The USPS will use this code to track and deliver the mail.
- The check digit is an extra digit added to the end of the POSTNET barcode to help ensure its accuracy. This digit is calculated using a complex algorithm that considers the other digits in the barcode.
POSTNET Barcode Examples
23 Beachball Avenue
Virginia Beach, VA 55325-1237
410 NW Sandcastle Court
Chesapeake, VA 23323-4012
POSTNET Barcode Generator Symbology
Barcode Digits and Bars
POSTNET barcodes start and end with a full bar and have a check digit after the ZIP code, ZIP+4 code, or delivery point. Each individual digit is represented by a set of five bars, two of which are always full bars. There are initial and terminal full bars at the beginning and end of the barcode.
POSTNET Barcode Generator Binary Symbology
In each set of five bars, a full bar represents an “on” bit and a half-height bar represents an “off” bit in a pseudo-binary code, encoded as 1 and 0 respectively. In this code, each of the five bar places represent 7, 4, 2, 1, and 0 from left to right, though 0 is technically encoded as 11 in decimal.
POSTNET Barcode Generators and Our Address API
POSTNET barcodes allow for rapid and reliable sorting without sacrificing efficiency or accuracy. PAV API automatically generates data for POSTNET barcodes for each of your validated addresses. Returned data includes ZIP+4 codes, two-digit delivery point codes, and delivery point check digits.
PAV’s Three-Step Process
Data Return Values
Along with POSTNET barcodes, PAV also automatically returns data for all of the following values:
- DPV Return Code System
- LACSLink Processing
- Intelligent Mail Barcodes
- USPS SuiteLINK
Mailing Made Easy
Get started today to see how easy address validation and barcode generation can be.Speak to Sales
POSTNET Barcode Generator API FAQ's
Get all of your POSTNET barcode generator questions answered here.
Explore Our Intelligent Mail Barcode Generator Blog Topics
The CDYNE blog has the latest content for all of your USPS intelligent mail barcode generator needs.
Check Out Our Other Services
Programmable SMS API
Text message API designed to reliably send and receive messages globally.Learn More
Programmable Voice API
Voice API that can send thousands of automated voice messages in minutes.Learn More
Voicemail Drop Software
Drop voicemails into the inbox of your prospect's mobile device.Learn More
Phone Verification API
Easily validate and authenticate mass mobile & landline numbers.Learn More
Robust Address API
Instantly validate addresses in the United States & Canada.Learn More