Look around you— how many phones do you see, including your own? Along with other essentials like car keys and shoes, mobile and smartphones have become crucial parts of our routine and lives. This widespread use and importance are the keys to why mass texting is so effective.
Mass texting allows individuals or businesses to send a large number of text messages to mobile or smartphone users. Businesses can contact hundreds or even thousands of people simultaneously. Mass text messaging is one of the easiest and most effective marketing and communication tools to date.
Keep reading to learn more about mass text messaging and how your company can leverage this feature to better connect with customers.
What Is Mass Texting?
If you’re looking for a more clear mass text definition, here it is: mass texting is when an individual or company sends a large volume of texts to users. Also known as bulk texting, this is distinctly different from a group message.
Group texts are typically person-to-person (P2P) and allow everyone to see the other users.
Mass texts are typically application-to-person or business-to-person (A2P or B2P) and only allow individual users to see the sender. Rather than one large chat, these are tons of individual chats initiated at the same time.
How Does Mass Texting Work?
Now that we’ve tackled ‘what is a mass text message,’ it’s time to get into the ‘how.’
- Upload a list with the names and numbers of users you want to contact
- Add a message you want to send to existing or potential customers
- Choose when to send the message to the users on the contact list
This is a largely automated process that requires minimal user work. It’s designed to make bulb texting as easy as possible for all companies, no matter what size they are or what industry they’re in.
If you want to know more about how mass text messaging works, check out this article.
Benefits of Mass Texting
You know what is mass text messaging and how it works– let’s talk about the ‘why.’ Why use it? The answer is simple: there are several benefits and very few drawbacks.
Here’s a quick rundown of just a few of the benefits of mass text messaging:
- Economical – Mass text campaigns can be set up and sent within an hour or scheduled at your or your customers’ convenience. This saves time, resources, and money.
- Non-Intrusive – Sending a simple text is non-intrusive for most customers. They can choose to read it then or leave the alert and check it when they have time.
- Wide Reach – Because phone use is so prevalent, companies have a large potential customer base and a more geographically dispersed reach.
- Campaign Features – Features like text scheduling and MMS capabilities mean that companies can better connect with and service or support customers.
- User Friendly – Because phones are set up with accessibility features, even visually or auditory impaired users can interact with text messages.
Build Powerful SMS Applications
Get started today with a free trial and you'll receive 250 free text messages.Start Free Trial
If you’re especially worried about accessibility or have a diverse consumer base that appreciates alternative message formats, you can integrate a voice broadcast system into your campaigns.
Using a voice broadcaster, you can send the same texts to the same customers via a voice message. It still works with mass texts and is just as effective.
Keep in mind, there are some downsides to bulk texting. Market saturation is one of the largest problems that companies face.
For example, mass texting is a great way to let people know about a sale your store is having. But if every store in your area does the same thing, customers quickly become fatigued and are less likely to respond. You have to find a way to make your messages stand out.
Another common issue is sending messages that are never delivered, either because the phone number is no longer active or because it’s incorrect. Numbers like this negatively impact your campaign’s results and skew analytics.
Luckily, this issue is easily solved using a phone validator. This tool integrated into your texting service and scrubs your contact list, removing inactive and incorrect numbers.
How To Send Mass Text Messages
CDYNE’s Dash Notify is an out-of-the-box text messaging platform that allows companies to send mass texts quickly and easily. Using our Tier 1 SMS network, you can connect with hundreds or thousands of customers in more than 190 countries.
And with our 99.9% guaranteed uptime SLA, you can rest assured knowing your messages will always be delivered on time, the first time.
Our feature-packed platform includes text scheduling, MMS capabilities, two-way texting, easy contact upload, instant SMS reports, and more so that you can customize and elevate your mass text messaging campaigns.