Though texting may be the latest (and arguably most common) type of communication, it’s by no means the only popular method. Telephone calls remain a communication staple and are often the preferred medium for timely, sensitive, or important information.
Unfortunately, the effectiveness of telephone and marketing calls have drastically dropped over the past few years because of an influx of spam. To regain the effectiveness of this medium and avoid these negative associations, companies are turning to ringless voicemail (RVM) drops.
Keep reading to learn more about ringless voicemail is, how (and why) it works, and how your company can integrate RVM into your marketing and communication strategy.
What Is Ringless Voicemail?
Ringless voicemail is a communication method that allows companies to drop messages directly into their customers’ voicemail, skipping the calls entirely.
It’s one of the most non-intrusive forms of marketing and is compatible with mobile and landline devices, which means it’s also one of the most accessible forms of communication.
Because voicemails aren’t typically overloaded with spam and junk messages, RVM drops are much more effective than cold calls or telemarketing. They have a 92% open rate and a 96% listen rate, which is nearly on par with SMS.
How Does Ringless Voicemail Work?
The most simple explanation of how RVM works is that you record a message and send it directly a customer’s inbox. But if you’re interested in a more detailed breakdown, we’re happy to oblige:
- Upload a customer contact list to your RVM drop software
- Upload one or more audio files with your message
- Choose a caller ID number to attach to your message
- Schedule your voicemail drop or send them immediately
- Analyze return data to see how effective your drops are
Still asking, “How does ringless voicemail drop work?” We’ve got you covered! Check this out to learn more.
Tips For Optimizing Ringless Voicemail
Ringless voicemail isn’t necessarily as easy as recording a message and sending it to a customer’s phone. You have to put effort into the drops for customers to engage with them.
In order to boost deliverability and increase conversions, here are some tips on how to optimize your ringless voicemail:
- Identify DNC Numbers – Scrub your contacts against the national Do Not Call list to avoid aggravating customers and stay compliant with voicemail policies and laws.
- Pick Optimal Drop Times – Schedule your voicemail drops so they arrive at the optimal time for your customers, such as right after work or before peak shopping times.
- Use a Phone Validator – Using a phone validator to verify, clean, and check phone numbers ensures that you only send voicemails to correct and current numbers.
- Consider Voice Actors – The best RVM services offer professional voice actors to read your voicemail scripts, creating clear messages and infusing them with personality.
- Analyze Drop Reports – Review your voicemail drop reports and analyze customer data to gauge success, improve your campaigns, and identify areas of improvement.
Remember, customers expect value in return for their time and attention (and potentially money). Make sure your message is clear and leave a direct call to action (CTA) so that customers know what the next step is.
Getting Started With Ringless Voicemail
CDYNE’s Ringless Voicemail software boosts customer engagement and sales conversions, providing companies with all of the benefits with none of the hassle. Our RVM is easy to use and understand, with convenient features like voice drop scheduling, national DNC scrubbing, and unlimited contact uploads.
We offer pay-as-you-go subscriptions and fees as affordable as $0.01 per voice drop. There are no contracts or hidden fees— you only pay for successfully delivered messages.
Whether you’re a global corporation or a local business, our voicemail drop software can help you directly market your products and services in a personalized, non-intrusive way. With just a few clicks, you can connect with thousands of customers.