Postal Address Verification API
PAV (Postal Address Verification) is a CASS Certified™ API that allows you to standardize, correct, and validate U.S. and Canadian addresses in one step. Save time, money, and resources by verifying that addresses are deliverable before mailings or packages are sent out. PAV helps businesses ensure data quality for U.S. and Canadian customers.
Service Endpoint Pages
Canadian Address Verification
When verifying a Canadian address, the API will only verify the city, state, and ZIP Code.
Appending Canadian ZIP Codes
The province name must be abbreviated in order for PAV to append a missing ZIP Code to a verified Canadian address. The following are Canadian provinces/territories and their abbreviations.
- Alberta: AB
- British Columbia: BC
- Manitoba: MB
- New Brunswick: NB
- Newfoundland and Labrador: NL
- Northwest Territories: NT
- Nova Scotia: NS
- Nunavut: NU
- Ontario: ON
- Prince Edward Island: PE
- Québec: QC
- Saskatchewan: SK
- Yukon: YT
License Keys and Pricing
Free Trial License Keys
- CDYNE offers trial license keys for all Web Services so that you may test the APIs for free.
- Trial keys do not expire, and are limited to approximately 50 transactions.
- Normal processing time for trial key requests during normal business hours (M–F, 9AM–6PM Eastern Time) typically ranges from ten minutes to two hours.
- Sign up here for a free trial PAV license key.
Production (Account) License Keys
- Sign up here for a production PAV license key.
- Upon registration, your account will be suspended for verification by default.
- The account verification process takes less than one business day to complete for account activation.
- You may call 1-800-984-3710 to expedite the verification process over the phone.
See our Pricing Page for pricing details.